Original topic:

Text Notifications Randomly Stop Working

(Topic created: 05-26-2022 06:40 AM)
user5farus2mwP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Recently I noticed when I receive a text message, the text sound would only play a portion of the sound. A few days later when I would open the messages app, I would see that I had multiple texts but never received any notification. When I restart my phone, the sound and notifications work as they should for a few hours then it goes back to the problem described above.

All other app notifications/sounds work as normal. 
I attempted to change my text sound but, unless I'm missing something, it looks like I no longer have that ability. 

Any ideas?
S21 Ultra 
3 Replies
user5farus2mwP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Additional:

I've tried doing a reset on the phone via settings. Still no luck, if anything it's worse.

Now I'll get a partial notification sound (sometimes) then it'll automatically show the message as read.
useryGdhBcWtCV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Apparently, I stopped receiving text/msg notifications on 5/26 at about 6pm CST, but didn't realize it until almost a day later! So, I went into the Messages App (storage) and cleared my cache and then cleared all of the settings; each time restarting my phone. After it fully restarted, everything looked and worked fine, then instantly gets the 'no notifications' icon on every text message. Help!!!
0 Likes
Quiet Storm
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue. It started about 2 weeks ago. My notification sounds would work then nothing. I restart the phone & sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the notifications aren't even showing up on my Galaxy Watch 4. I tried every step that I was able to find online to fix the problem but nothing works. I hate having to look at my phone all day just to avoid missing messages.
0 Likes