Original topic:

Text message window OPEN- No Sound Notification

(Topic created on: 2/19/21 10:28 AM)
userqawMrmMlRr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't get a notification sound when i am receiving a message/sms from a sender and our message/chat window is still open. I get a sound though when our message/chat window is closed. S21 brand new.

Last Galaxy was S8. did this as well.

Had Google pixel last 2 yrs. Do get sound notification when window is open. I downloaded google text message, and resolved the issue. But there some reasons i prefer to use Samsung text app. 

Can i resolve this issue on the samsung app?

0 Likes
3 Replies
CalderCay
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I never use Samsung Messages ... only Google Messages because it has more functionality

I've never noticed whether I get notifications while on an active chat (personally, that would be redundant and annoying).

However, there may be a setting I've overlooked ... will double-check

EDIT: is it the Incoming Notifications setting within Notifications for the Messages app?
0 Likes
userqawMrmMlRr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

i have everything clicked on. 

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately this is as designed and currently there are no stock settings that allow you to change this. You do have the option of using a third party app that may give this feature, additionally I will mark this as a Feature Request so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.