Original topic:

Text messaging reactions

(Topic created: 07-23-2022 01:39 PM)
Chad Millikan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm using Google messenger on my S21. Do you know how to leave a reaction to text messages. 
6 Replies
usmcatl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
You simply long press on the message you'd like to react to.

You can only leave reactions to messages sent with someone you're chatting with. This requires them to also be on a compatible Android phone and have their chat functions enabled.

Otherwise, you may receive reactions from iPhone users, but you cannot send reactions. This is enabled in the menu.
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you pretty well versed on the settings of those RCS chat settings? If so, I have an issue I've been dealing with. 🤔
usmcatl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
What's the issue?
0 Likes
Jess04
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
My fiance has a Note 20 Ultra and I have the Z Fold 3. Both of us use the Samsung Messages app and have Chat Settings turned on. But when we're texting each other they appear as normal SMS messages. But we can each text other people that have Android phones with Chat Settings on and we'll see the read receipts, different color bubbles, etc.

Do you happen to know what's going on there?
usmcatl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have had similar issues with consistency between devices. I have had better results since switching to Google Messenger, as it is based on RCS primarily - SMS/MMS secondary (Samsung Messages is designed inversely).

I don't have a firm reason for the inconsistencies. I would just recommend turning your chat settings off and then turning them all back on!
userAKUWXCy2Hs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Will Samsung (or Android in general) ever have the reaction to text messages like iPhones do?  Just this missing feature alone makes me want to get an iPhone.. I am VERY jealous that my iPhone friends can do this but no one in my family can because we all have Androids.  NO, I do not want to download Google chat or any other additional app to do this. It seems SIMPLE.. If Apple can do it, why can't Android on REGULAR SMS texting?!?!?!

0 Likes