Original topic:

Themes are only applying to screen and icons

(Topic created on: 4/26/21 10:51 AM)
mikki11574
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Why do none of the themes fully work? It only changes the screen and icons.

15 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @mikki11574, I hope you're doing well.

Can you please specify which theme(s) isn't working? Which part of the system isn't themed but expected to? The themes in the Galaxy Theme store should cover just core system and core apps as well as icons.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
mikki11574
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
The pull down icons on top do not change color and the messages app does not change color. They stay the default color. When I put in any theme, only the wallpaper and icons change.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @mikki11574, thanks for the response.

Can you post a screenshot of which theme you have applied as well as a few of the notifications/quick settings panel and Messages app for reference. I will attempt to replicate your issues.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user8SyP8dzSAV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The themes only change the wallpaper! They don't theme the phone app nor contacts as it shows. Why is this.????? I have purchased theme after theme with the same results. I will purchase no more!!!!!
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hey @user8SyP8dzSAV, I hope you're doing well.

Can you please provide a link to one of the themes that isn't working properly for you? I am not having this issue, all themes I have applied theme everything as expected. If you can provide a theme, I can do my best to replicate the issue.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

0 Likes
user8SyP8dzSAV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have taken them all off my phone. I have a s20 ultra running out 3.1.. none of them work. On older phones they themed everything. I believe it's in the operating system.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hmmm, I have the same device and haven't come across this issue. It would be helpful if you could specify a theme, I can then give it a shot.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

0 Likes
user8SyP8dzSAV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
(Cogul) golden jewelry butterfly premium. Only themes home screen, lock screen, not contacts nor phone app.
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks. I downloaded the theme and applied it and can confirm this is an issue. It appears to be issues with the themes and not the OS itself but I will go ahead and tag a moderator to flag this post just in case.

I see the theme was released on 12/01/2018 and hasn't been updated by the theme developer. I'd suggest sending the developer an email to request that they update the theme to support newer devices. To find the developers email, go to the theme>Click the dropdown/expand arrow by the Description and you can click the email listed at the bottom.

I hope this helps!

@SamsungCole @SamsungJace @SamsungJustin @SamsungJoJo 
Can this post be flagged as a possible bug? It appears that some themes aren't working. It seems more so a theme specific issue but to be sure, I wanted to get some input. Thanks!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

0 Likes