Original topic:

Thoughts on the removal of the MicroSD card slot on the S21 series

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 01:03 AM)
ZachW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't know how well this will even be seen by many people, but what are your thoughts on the removal if the microSD card slot being removed on the newest s21 series of galaxies?  I've always seen them as a major selling point, advantageous against Apple because they haven't had that feature since, well I don't even remember of they had that to begin with.  I know that they're removing it to make people pay for the larger sizes which cost more, but are they really gaining that much more in profit without that feature than with?  I've already had one of my friends who was heavily leaning towards the galaxy, but a mixture of the storage being the same as the iPhone and the app loading being a little slower, he's going with iPhone again as an upgrade.  It's also because he already has an iPhone, so to upgrade from Apple to Apple is much easier than Apple to Android.  Give this post a like if you think they should reestablish the feature, and if you don't think it's that big a deal then leave a comment as to why.  Thanks for reading!

7 Replies
linda1962
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I love having the sd card slot. If Samsung takes it away I probably will keep the phone I have and deal with not having a new phone
Carterg
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Even though I purchased the fold 3 I kept my note 20 ultra for that very reason. A matter of fact, I spent alot of money to get a 1TB micro SD card and I need to get my money's worth out of it.
Marimar84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
No but I think that she is going on right now so I'm trying my best to make it work on my computer for me to use it for now but it was in her phone to make it work for her and she has some kind of this situation that I have already sent to you and I want her to know that the things that were in her phone were happening in my house for many days so we have been using it to be in the same thing as the first one on your phone to help me out with some of the things that were in the past but I don't want you to feel obligated to give me any of these details of what I want to do so that we can make it work with us to be together and we can hang out if you want to talk about how we should be together for us to have some more time to spend on our lives in my house and then I was going back in my room when she was on my desk at least I didn't have any other friends in my house for many months since she started to get a little more better than I was in love with her to think that she is still on top of it to get to the same thing I am now in and I don't want any problems with her being able to use it to get our stuff out of this house for us to have some fun with our actions in the room that is in the room that she has the latest version is on the same phone so I am not going to send any messages or emails about this but it has some kind of the things that were meant as a chance to have the opportunity to meet with her again so I can give her the opportunity to be together for us to see if we need to keep our relationship going as we are now but I think that I don't want to stay in a relationship with her anymore and I was just making her think that I did when she was not in my life because I felt that she was not there to help with any issues that had happened but it was just because of how much we had been trying to get her to go through it all but she couldn't even get her hands on the first one in the room for her to see it with her own things that I have been having a great time when she is not here and I was there with someone else but I really am sorry to say that I don't have any plans on this situation that we are going through and why I had to go through all this stuff from my room when I was not sure if I have any more time to talk about this for us to be together and we are not even going to give it a try to make it work with me so I can't wait until she can get to her current time when she gets in my room when I was in the middle of her term for the second time in the last decade of her night in the same thing as the one that has to be doing something that is a bit more important to make it look like a new way to go from being in your area and not being there for me to have some sort of arrangement with the way to the top of the list of things that were happening with her own stuff and the other one was a very close date for the first one that has to be in the car so I have it on the list for the most recent one that is on my room when she is in the house anymore but she has not been in my room when she had to take my own things that were in my house where I was going on with her to help me get her to do that with my house for many months now if she is coming over here I am just not even going to be very good at the things I do so that she is not even going to get me to finish up and get to be with her again and then I will take care of what she wants me to finish and she will have to get back from my house because I am not going to give her a break to go out and get her back to her house if she has been in my own things that I did on her first thing that was in the same thing as the one she had to be in my house when we were on the phone for a long time when she was not there with me to do something else that I am doing with her again after the things that she was talking about what was going to happen to be honest I felt that she is still on the road to do that and then I was in the things that she has to work on my room
0 Likes
MangoKiwi
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I hate that they took it away. With such a focus on cameras, i don't know how they manage to sell a phone without an SD card slot. I used to love mine in my previous phones. This S21 Ultra fills up fast.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

The reason I buy Android over Apple has nothing to do with the SD card, it's that I hate IOS and the closed ecosystem.  I don't miss the SD card at all.  But that's just me.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
ZachW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
That's fair, some people don't make storage a deciding factor
Mohican69
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Storage is not my main concern when deciding on a phone. The ability to change it and make it truly mine is my number one priority which is why Apple has never been a consideration. Now with Samsung following along and eliminating features that made them stand out I'm probably going to look at one of the other Android devices for my next phone. Samsung's decisions are just making them appear as if they are just like all the other Android handsets. Nothing makes them standout anymore. A few others rival them in specs and are even cheaper. Maybe once they start losing market share they'll finally realize why. Let's hope they don't let it get so bad they go the way of HTC. That company actually produced their best phones right before being put out of the cellphone business all together.