Original topic:

Touchscreen Doesn't Work + Boot Loop

(Topic created: 09-18-2022 06:51 PM)
sgtsalt98
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

On Wednesday morning, my touch screen was unresponsive. I restarted my phone and it was fine, but a few hours later it stopped working again. There was a Samsung update available, so I restarted my phone and opted to install the update to see if that fixed the issue. Instead, my phone got stuck in a boot loop for 30 minutes. It eventually came out of it, and since then, I've had a few instances where my touch screen was unresponsive.

Today, I had the same issue, so I restarted my phone again. It got stuck in another boot loop. I cleared my cache, and then factory reset it. Finally, it came out of the boot loop, but the touchscreen was still unresponsive. I got fed up and walked away from it for two hours. When I came back, the touchscreen was working again. Halfway through setting up my phone, however, the touchscreen stopped working. I reset my phone, and another boot loop happened. I did another factory reset, but the boot loop remained. My phone is now off.

On Tuesday, I did drop my phone while using the restroom at work, but that's the only thing I can think of in regard to possibly breaking something in my phone. Is this a hardware problem? What do I have to do?

2 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

You can go to Samsung.com and request service or you can bring it into a nearby Ubreakfix.  They will evaluate it and give you a price at which time you can either have the work done or have then send the phone back.  It's likely that because you dropped the phone, it will be an out of warranty repair. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
userMRMOb3slhD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I see all contributors on all these message boards continue to tell people that dropping their phones will "likely void the warranty".

It makes me suspicious when everyone uses the exact same phrase. Furthermore if we are all paying top dollar for phones so poorly made that simply dropping one renders it useless, then we all, collectively, need to buy someone else's product.

0 Likes