Original topic:

Touchscreen issue

(Topic created on: 4/11/21 4:58 PM)
BigDipper
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I recently and reluctantly "upgraded" from my broken S7 to a brand new S21 Ultra 5G. So far, it's ok...save for one GLARING and INFURIATING issue.

Now, I love playing golf games when time allows. I have NEVER had an issue  on my S7. But immediately with this S21, For those that play golf, maybe you can share your experience but, when I am holding the "backswing" while awaiting the alignment marker to get centered for the "swing", the ball suddenly releases without warning, flying off into parts unknown. This happens probably about 40% of the shots I attempt and on three different games now. So, I know it isn't the games themselves. 

Just a game, I know, and, I don't tend to spend real money playing them but, the point is to get enjoyment from them when I have the time. This is NOT enjoyable. This should NOT be happening.

For informational purposes... 1 week with this device. Pulled the factory plastic screen cover, put on the "representative suggested" and supplied liquid screen protectant just as instructed the same day. No other mods.

I'm really tired of losing ground in these games because of this issue. Is there ANYTHING I can do to correct this?

Is it the screen itself? The supplied protectant? Anyone experience similar issues? What can be done? TIA!!

Fed up in Ohio!!

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Honestly there a quite a few variables that could be causing this. I would start with the screen protector, though it would have to be removed in order to test if its at fault. There is also the possibility that the game's specs are not optimized for use on the newer s21.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

As @SamsungCole stated, the first step would be to test it without a screen protector. As mentioned in his post, this obviously mean taking off the protector and probably wouldn't be reusable.

Is that something you'd be willing to try?

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
user7kT8zkfEKt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having a similar issue but not specific to a certain game. Anytime I may have to long press or hold a digital button down it will randomly release and the screen is unresponsive for a few seconds or at times longer. Just wanted to confirm others are having the same issue. I sent mine back to Samsung for warranty repair and they didn't do anything... Would love if someone from Samsung would acknowledge this issue and provide some help!

0 Likes