Original topic:

Transfer trans chip photos/files/etc to s21 ultra

(Topic created: 05-10-2021 10:03 AM)
Ahr69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Just a thought.

When transferring SD chip contents to the new s21 ultra using the s10 dongle (USB-C to USB-A) and a trans chip reader to the new s21 ultra usb-c port.

Would you see the USB reader in files?

But, how would you merge the camera files on the reader to the S21 ultras camera memory area?

Thanks

Yes, I've not opened/started the new phone yet.

0 Likes
4 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Why not use the included usb-c to usb-c cable and SmartSwitch?  Smartswitch will put the pictures from DICM/Camera on your old phone  in the same folder on the new S21 and pictures from elsewhere into identicaly created folders on the S21.  Quite painless.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Ahr69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My point is this: Samsung's email app does not copy the sub-directories, sent, starred, trash, not the entire inbox (all accounts), in their entireties. The only subdirectory I found was saved emails from the old internal HD. That I copied to the new S21 Ultra (love that phone), HD and it populated. Had supervisor reps from Tmobile and Samsung both clueless. The email app reaches out to the email server and grabs what is there, and populates the new phone. That's why it **bleep** that with an open-source code there is no one with the answer to why EVERYTHING in the email app can't be reproduced in the new phone. Forget the fact that some data of the old phone never make it over to the new phone and most folks don't realize it till the old phone is gone. I'd. Notes and their backups. Highlight, the people I sent messages to on one of my email accounts at least was populated in the server I use. So I'm able to access those from that server just not on my phone. BTW, Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Ahr69 

Sorry, I thought your question was about photo's.  As for the email, the answer as to why is likely that there is not enough demand to warrant spending the developing dollars.  For most people grabbing the server emails is enough especially if you set the option to leave the emails on the server.  My Gmail and Outlook IMAP emails repopulated my phone, creating every folder that I had set to sync, while still remaining on the server.

Sounds like you may want to use a 3rd party backup app if you've created local folders which are not on the server and since I don't have any of those on my phone, I cant tell you if it was just a bug in your data transition or a "feature".

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Ahr69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thank you.
0 Likes