Original topic:

Type C Headphones Issue

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 11:47 PM)
husn81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all,

So I bought a pair of C type headphones for my new S21 Ultra. When using them, playing games or watching Netflix, I get a fairly faint but obvious static sound as well as the normal whatever is playing. Then during low sound level periods the sound cuts completely including the static and starts again when the sound gets louder. Sound is perfect on speaker.

I've searched all over the net for a reason but can't find one, looked at settings, nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

3 Replies
TechGuy_Zer0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

You need better headphones. While other smartphones have their DAC in the phone, Samsung for thinness opted to remove the internal DAC and have you rely on purchasing USB-C headphones that include a built-in DAC controller...Basically stating...since u had to pay to play with your phone...since it's a big boy, now u gotta do the same with ur headphones. Expensive phones don't work well with cheaper headphones. Seriously. Can't roll with no Walmart purchased headphones and such no more. Music is free now....its the peripherals that cost the cash

0 Likes
husn81
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, thanks for your reply. The headphones are AKG which are sold by Samsung so they should work properly?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Just to clarify, are you using the USB-C headphones or a dongle to headphones?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes