Original topic:

Typing/Cursor Jumping Issue

(Topic created: 05-25-2022 10:52 AM)
iamJCA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having a typing issue with the cursor. It is like a bug, error, glitch, or whatever somewhere in the system.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 phone, by the way.

When I type message and want to manually correct something that I've typed by placing the cursor, the cursor will just automatically go back where I left off.

I see others are having this same issue.

This needs to be fixed.

05/25/2022
10 Replies
Casey88
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the same problem. I wasn't sure if it was the app I was using or what
tracethelee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes! This S21 FE 5G is beyond irritating!
HRTsAFyre
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Sane issue with S10e
OverTheBS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same with my Galaxy S10+. Samsung charges too much money for their phones to have this issue, therefore we shouldn't have to download a 3rd-party keyboard app.
Casey88
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
So it looks like it's a Facebook thing more than a phone thing according to several other posts about this. I have the S22+ and I don't have any issues with other apps
0 Likes
Medman43
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

It is NOT a Facebook thing, it is happening in all apps where you type. Twitter, Notepad, social media apps, web sites ... anything you type in, no matter WHICH keyboard you choose.

0 Likes
Casey88
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Interesting, I was able to go back and edit on here and in text messages. The only app I have issues with is Facebook
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

0 Likes
Wellzy-J
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having that issue. It is becoming maddening. Sometimes I just give up writing the comment entirely because the typing will have a mind of its own.
0 Likes