Original topic:

USB file moving issues S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 04-12-2022 06:02 PM)
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
So I am connecting my S21 Ultra to my HP Notebook dy1086nr in an attempt to be able to add a mod file (extracted zip folder) for minecraft bedrock on my phone since Google forced mojang to move the game files to the android data folder which conveniently you can't access at all on the phone. I am trying to see if I can use my laptop to move the extracted folder from downloads to the correct game file (behaviors file). The computer can't seem to be able to move the file from one folder to another on the phone, saving the file to the computer itself and then adding it into minecrafts behavior pack folder and it can't seem to be able to do that either. Trying to flip which device is in control only comes up with an error on the phone when I go to the USB settings on the phone to change which device is in control. Are you only able to transfer files via USB or can you actually move the files around with a computer and I'm just doing something wrong?
5 Replies
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
You can use x-plore file manager to get access to the Android>data folder. it's one of the few apps on the play store that can get you into the folder without root access.
You can probably just download your Minecraft mod with your phone and move it there manually from the download folder into the correct Android data folder

you should be able to search for it.
Screenshot_20220412-213411_X-plore.jpgScreenshot_20220412-213422_Files_17556_1649813723.jpg
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Is it free though?
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
yes
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You can see that folder in the included Samsung Files by opening the app->3 dot menu->Settings->Show hidden System files.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
I have this enabled, I can open the file but can't see any of the contents at all on the phone itself
0 Likes