Original topic:

Unable to answer phone calls, requires restart

(Topic created: 08-11-2021 05:38 AM)
msn001
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
For some reason after the July 2021 update, every day I am not able to hear the other person when calling. They can hear me. The problem goes away when I restart the phone.
7 Replies
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Try this, Network reset
From setting > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Settings
FYI: This will unistall your Bluetooth devices, & you will need to re install them.
I also had the same problem with my phone ( S21) did this and problem gone
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

Could you share who your carrier is, device's model number, and the software version the phone is on?

if the reset doesn't help, try contacting your carrier to see if they have any knowledge about the issue and whether they have a fix for not. I think I came across something like this a week or two ago...

Other thing you can do is to submit an error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue.

0 Likes
userREXZByA4Kt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same issue, after sending error reports and speaking with customer service I got no where and could not have a phone conversation at all because the other person couldn't hear me even though I could hear them.. I tried everything to fix, reset settings, restart phone... finally I downloaded a different phone app then what's preinstalled the Google phone app is the one I use, haven't had a problem since. I believe it's the Samsung phone app causing issues not the phone itself.
0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Actually is the software upgrade. Have you tried switching to speakerphone to place your calls? I had to revert to Android 10Q to fix issue.
0 Likes
userREXZByA4Kt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, I tried everything after mine started doing that after the July update, my husband same phone same carrier has had no problems with his, but I did everything I could find that others tried with no luck... after seeing others using 3rd party dialer I tried it and sure enough I can use the Google phone dialer with no issues works on wifi calls, and network calls without any problem so far....
0 Likes
RAFAG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried Google Phone but did not solve the issue. Happy with Android 10. I'll wait for a cure patch for the issue.
0 Likes
msn001
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
The recent samsung update seems to have solved the issue on my S21
0 Likes