Original topic:

Unable to login to phone, pattern accepted but then screen blanks out

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 10:20 PM)
Mintos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hi,

Been having issues with my S21 5G phone. Phone restarted randomly while using it and now when pattern is prompted and it's entered, lockscreen will blink off and will not allow login. Searched for many days on solutions but none worked. Below are steps attempted.

-Drained battery and turned on phone. 
-Held down power button and -volume button to force restart (could not enter recovery mode)
-Held down power button and +volume button
-Restarted multiple times manually since restart and shutdown would also blink off and when attempted.
-Used samsung remote unlock, failed giving me an error stating that Remote unlock feature was turned off (This was turned on initially)
-Changed phone status to lost mode and added PIN. Lockscreen prompted for new PIN but screen would blink and not do anything.

I am out of ideas, if anyone came across this issue and has other ways to troubleshoot please share the knowledge as I am sure I am not the only one experiencing this issue. Last restort is to restore to factory using PC but I have some very important data stored. Don't want to risk lossing them. Any help is really appreciated. 

Thank you!
0 Likes
6 Replies
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Try a hard reboot
0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Or hook it up to a computer and do a recovery
0 Likes
Mintos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Can you specify recovery? like wipe the phone and reflash firmware? That would also be impossible since the phone doesn't have the OS unlocked option enabled, Odin will not be able to flash it properly.
0 Likes
Focr06
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Try using smart switch.. Hopefully it can force some sort of update or something.. Also, try clearing cache on the recovery screen
0 Likes
Mintos
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Smartswitch doesn't see anything because the phone is locked and doesn't get through lockscreen hence the problem
0 Likes
3pcssuits
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
https://krispitech.com/galaxy-s21-recovery-mode/ you may have to do factory rest through recovery just follow these steps if all else fails
0 Likes