Original topic:

Unable to make conference call

(Topic created: 04-13-2022 04:56 AM)
Reini_Jiken
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S21 plus 5G with Google Fi and their service, but conference call feature doesn't work on it. Please fix the error. Thanks

Error message prompted when merging calls.

0 Likes
7 Replies
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Reini_Jiken Conference calling is supported by the phone but must be enabled by the carrier. Have you checked with Google Fi for a solution? 

Reini_Jiken
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I did. They said conference call feature is enabled by default.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I understand how frustrating this can be. You can easily create a conference call using the phone app. I am including a link to a guide to assist you with setting up a conference call on your Galaxy S21 https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/setup-conference-call/

0 Likes
Reini_Jiken
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I did the same thing as the guide shows. When I click on merge button, the error message "unable to conference call" prompts.
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21

it is 'by default' but I have come across cases that default stuff were not actually enabled and the carriers had to enable it manually or reboot the service to the device.

that being said, who is your carrier? share the phone's model number & software version.

You can reproduce the issue and reporting to samsung for help.

Samsung members app > get help > error report

0 Likes
Reini_Jiken
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
My carrier is Google Fi, and my phone model is Samsung Galaxy S21 plus 5G.

I contacted Fi and reported the issue to both Google Fi and Samsung already. I will contact Google again to see if they can enable it manually later as you said. Thank you 😌
0 Likes
Reini_Jiken
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Updates: Google Fi asked me uninstall the Google Fi app from my phone, reinstall it and log back in to my Google fi account again, and then restart the phone to reboot/reset their service.

Issue persists 😭
0 Likes