Original topic:

Undo latest Gallery Update! And various other rants.

(Topic created on: 6/5/21 11:11 AM)
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello, 
This really bothers me, these pointless changes to apps that make the phone more difficult to use. 
These changes are forced on us, with no way to go back. I tried extracting the Gallery apk from a phone that did not receive the update yet, but the updated phone would not install the extracted app even after allowing unknown sources. 

After the latest update, if you want the seek bar (I didn't realize how much I used it until it's gone) you have to click the 3 dots, and choose "open in video player". Why? If you do want to watch the video from the preview mode, your have to manually unmute it, even if you hit the play button.. How many people won't be able to figure this out, thinking of my parents and grandparents. 

This is the 3rd time Samsung burned me like this.
First my S9, took away the camera flash when touching the screen to focus. Before the update, I could guarantee the picture would be properly focused without a glare when taking close up low light photos of equipment model / serial tags, circuit boards, ect. After the update, and still to this day, no flash with focus, the camera tries to focus without light, it's never right on the first shot. I have to open the photo to make sure I can read it. 

2nd my preferred task switcher was removed, I was able to get it back with Goodlock, but again after an update, it was gone and no longer in goodlock. 

4 Replies
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Hello,

The flash does give you a warning if it is up too high saying that it may burn you. As for the gallery, if you click the play button.. you're watching the video. It's not preview mode if you click the button. You don't have to watch everything in a separate player.

Cheers,
Shayshon
0 Likes
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for the reply, but I think there is a misunderstanding. When you click the play button shown in the after the update picture, yes, you are watching the video, without sound (until you click unmute which is stupid) and without the seek bar (that's my gripe)
The reply about the flash doesn't seem to apply to the issue. When you touch the screen to manual focus, the old software would focus with the flash on. That feature is gone. So the camera focuses without light, and without giving you a preview of where any glare will be when shooting a shiny object.
0 Likes
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I was told Samsung themselves look at these posts and make improvements based on feedback like this. Is this really the case? Or was that just too get me off the phone?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Samsung might actually listen to the users closer to HQ. During the last beta test for Android 11, most USA testers and unlocks were out of the loop ( myself included) when it came to bugs and concerns.
0 Likes