JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked Samsung galaxy S21 Ultra not getting read and received receipts.

(Topic created: 02-09-2021 02:19 PM)
Lenspx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I just updated my phone from a Galaxy s20 to the s21 ultra, and now I'm no longer getting read or received receipts whenever I send a message, and I can't find these options on the message app settings either. Is anyone else experiencing that? And is there a fix? Or do I have to wait for an update for this to be fixed?
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

which carrier? and are you sending the messages to the contact that has the same carrier?

Lenspx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Simple mobile and yes I do send messages to people with the same carrier. But it worked with different carriers when I had the S20, so I don't see how that would be the issue. The option can't be found in message settings, so I'm concerned it might be a one ui issue like someone mentioned earlier.
0 Likes
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

are the chat settings enabled in the message settings?

0 Likes
Lenspx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't see any chat settings. Where is that at?
0 Likes
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Quick question, your S20 was it also unlocked or did you buy it through the carrier? I noticed my old S10+ which I had bought through AT&T also had the chat settings (RCS) feature. But now with the S21 Ultra which I bought unlocked directly from Samsung, this feature is not there. Doesn't really bother me since I use Google Messages anyway, but I have noticed that this feature is no available on the S21 Ultra for me.
Try going into the play store and install carrier services, see if that works.

Lenspx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah, you might right. It's one of those things you never thought about until it's taken away from you, and then it's just annoying. I did purchase my S20 through T-mobile, and now that I switched to simple mobile, I just bought my phone unlocked from Samsung. I'll try installing T-mobile carrier services and see if it works.
0 Likes
Solution
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

Hope that works for you, if it doesn't give Google Messages a try. Me personally I prefer that over the Samsung Messages from the looks. The only thing that is missing with that, is the scheduled messaging. But everything else works perfect.

View solution in context

Lenspx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I switched to Google messages, and now I have the received receipts, but not the read receipts. Better than the Samsung messages though, so I'm going to use it as my default messaging app now. Thank you!
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

In the 'chat features,' make sure your 'Send read receipts' are turned on. If yours if turned off you also won't get them.

Lenspx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
It is turned on, but for some reason I still don't get read receipts. I think it may be because the people I message don't use google messages, but I may be wrong.
0 Likes