Original topic:

Unnecessary Notification in-text messages

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 06:50 AM)
userExflTY5iBE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Two or three updates ago, my phone did an update and ever since, I have noticed that my text messages report that there is a new message when I open it even though there is a sufficient amount of space to show that the phone does not need to scroll down to see a new notification. In case you are confused about what I am referring to, I have attached a screenshot of what this topic is referencing. It's quite annoying. The notification should only display if the in-text app needs to scroll down, and clearly, it doesn't. Any fixes or ways to eliminate this vague notification? 

Screenshot_20211013-094404_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies
userkaGxyqm76P
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
That is odd. Does it happen with every conversation?
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

not sure what setting could trigger this.

Could you share the device's model number, software version, and the messages app version?

I suggest you submit error report to Samsung Members after the issue is seen again, and you can attach screenshots like you did here to help the techs understand the situation better. 

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Which message app is that and which carrier?

My Verizon implementation of Samsung Messages will show a new message icon badge.  Opening Samsung Messages will display the text "You have  XX unread messages" and clicking on that will bring me to those messages.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes