JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unread text messages not bolded

(Topic created: 06-27-2021 01:26 PM)
Members_3UPz47d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Why are unread text messages not bolded?  How do I turn this back on as it helps me identify unread messages.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Members_3UPz47d 

I stand corrected, Samsung Messages does indeed highlight unread messages with a little blue circle with the number of unread texts from that sender.

Screenshot_20210627-181738_Messages.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV

View solution in context

3 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
From settings > Display > Font size & style. That should do it
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

My texts in Samsung Messages are not bolded when unread either.  All the contact names are but the only way to tell if the message is new is that it's at the top of the list but there is no differentiation between read and unread.

I tried clearing the cache but no change.  To be honest I don't recall if they were ever bolded when unread.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

@Members_3UPz47d 

I stand corrected, Samsung Messages does indeed highlight unread messages with a little blue circle with the number of unread texts from that sender.

Screenshot_20210627-181738_Messages.jpg

Bill
---