Original topic:

Update over mobile data *pseudo fix*

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 10:57 AM)
SamEy3am
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you live somewhere that you do not have any access to WiFi like me? Have to rely on going to a public or family members WiFi to update your phone? Unlimited data plan but annoyed at the zero option to update over mobile data? As long as you have at least two devices and have a mobile hotspot option in your plan, then this is the fix for you!

Connect one device to the other as a hotspot, which technically puts your device on a WiFi network, your phone will then allow the update to go through! EZ PZ.
6 Replies
AliWright
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea,no wifi either.I do have the hot spot option but it never stays on for long,turns itself off. When I did have wifi,through a neighbor who moved,it was paradise! Used wifi calling which was very helpful even though I have unlimited also. Do you know more about keeping the hot spot on?Don't really understand hotspot.lol
Thanks,Ali
SamEy3am
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
If you go to your mobile hotspot settings>configure>advanced, you can select a time limit for when it shuts off when "no device is connected" maybe that will fix your issue 😊
AliWright
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Oh ,well thank you so very much!🥰💙🙏
AliWright
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Omg! Thank you! That worked! And found other hot spot stuff! Thanks 😊
SamEy3am
Astronaut