(Topic created: 05-28-2021 02:16 PM)
rmsmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G - SM-G998U1

Software Update: G998U1UE3AUDD/G998U1OYM3AUDD/G998U1UEU3AUDD

Date: May 1, 2021

The WiFi stays connected to our Netgear WAX218 - AX3600 WiFi 6 Dual Band until I leave home, but upon return it will not reconnect automatically; I have to do it manually. This issue started with the last software update.

There are four (4) phones in our household among several other fixed devices, and they do not have this issue. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
rmsmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
"How To Fix A Samsung Galaxy S21 That Keeps Losing Wi-Fi Signal"

https://thecellguide.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-that-keeps-losing-wi-fi-signal-58093

I just found this informative webpage. The second solution has worked well for me this morning. Fingers crossed!

View solution in context

5 Replies
Gyrm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a similar issue, try resetting your network settings in general management
0 Likes
Tom G1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Same thing since the update, it won't automatically connect and will just use data, of which I have a small cap, due to always being somewhere with wifi.  Now I'm burning through data quickly without it reconnecting to wifi when returning home.  

Solution
rmsmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
"How To Fix A Samsung Galaxy S21 That Keeps Losing Wi-Fi Signal"

https://thecellguide.com/samsung-galaxy-s21-that-keeps-losing-wi-fi-signal-58093

I just found this informative webpage. The second solution has worked well for me this morning. Fingers crossed!

rmsmith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

This worked for me for two days. Then the 07-JUN-21 update was installed. Anyway, the WiFi has been re-connecting automatically as soon a I pull up in front of my home. All is well again!

0 Likes
Tom G1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

My phone is doing the same thing as Cosmic Ray.  Small data cap was no issue until it wasn't reconnecting after coming home and using data by mistake.  

As Asteroid mentioned it seems like the June update may have fixed the issue, but that the phone says it's up to date, so the June 7 update is not available.

0 Likes