Original topic:

Usb storage not working

(Topic created: 09-06-2021 04:39 AM)
userqnCaBUMgFc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

S21 ultra.

Usb storage doesn't get detected. Tried all the 'fixes' nothing.

Drive works in LITERALLY EVERY OTHER PHONE.

Fix your stuff Samsung this is just sad

6 Replies
userntman007
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Is this happened after September update?
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

It's not a bug it's a feature.  Use the Members app Feedback to let them know that we want USB storage enabled.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
Aggstwhml79
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I looked that **bleep** up you can't move anything to USB. Mine sees it and I can go look at things that's were on it if there was anything on it but I can't switch settings to move store or safe things there funny thing is when I first turned it on it asked if I wanted to storage to go to internet or sd. I chose internal because I hadn't downloaded my preferred apps some of which have to be on phone.
0 Likes
justicestorm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Further research suggests that this is Android 11 behavior.  

Here's an example.

"App-specific directory on external storage
Starting in Android 11, apps cannot create their own app-specific directory on external storage."

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello there, the removal of external memory was a Google/Android decision that rolled out with Android 11 unfortunately, you'll need to switch to cloud services to be able to move your files around.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes