Original topic:

Using fingerprint to login to Apps

(Topic created: 11-27-2021 07:24 PM)
userf7QLELCRVj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I recently purchased the S21 and having a problem enabling the fingerprint login to multiple Apps.

ALL the financial institutes, such as Capital One, PNC, PayPal, Wells Fargo and more are either freeze or giving error ("could not enable fingerprint. Try again later") when trying to enable the biometric login in App. Doe's anyone else have/had the same issue and was able to fix it?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Sounds potentially like a faulty fingerprint sensor. Try a factory data reset. If it still doesn't work your best bet is a replacement. Depending on how long since purchasing and what retailer you purchased from you may be able to get a swap there. Otherwise warranty replacement is cheapest. If you have insurance that might also be a viable option of last resort.
0 Likes
userf7QLELCRVj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I forgot to mention, other than the issue of enabling the fingerprint login on the Apps mentioned (including also Venmo, Chase, Discover, M&T Bank), the fingerprint works great in other places like, unlocking my phone and using G-Pay. Do you still think it's a faulty sensor?

0 Likes
Bs2209
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Try the members app diagnostic test for the fingerprint sensor. If that works then maybe try clearing cache for those apps. Settings>apps>(Choose app in question)>storage>clear cache and maybe even Clear data. (Although clear data is basically a factory reset just for that app) if it still doesn't work after all that maybe contact the app developer in question 🤔.
0 Likes
OnMy1stXLT
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Please provide me your login and account details so I can see if I can get it to work 😌🤣.

But seriously, out of the apps you mentioned, I only use PayPal. I haven't had an issue with the biometrics.

Before a factory reset, we know what a PITA that can be, try the diagnostics in the members app. Or even test your saved FPs. Delete them and set all 4. I use 4 FP slots for the 3 fingers I use the most to unlock (both thumbs and right index).

Hope that helps.
0 Likes
Mrs-Cay
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Nope, no issue here, s21 Unlocked ... hubby has no issue on S21 Ultra Unlocked
0 Likes