Original topic:

Verizon Locked 21 Ultra received August update overnight.

(Topic created: 08-11-2022 06:28 AM)
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

As the title says, received the update and as usual Verizon doesn't expound on any details other than the 1 August Security patch. 

Release date: 08/10/2022

Android™ Security Patch Level: August 2022
Software Version: SP1A.210812.016.G998USQS5CVGA

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
3 Replies
The Burg
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Yep. Update came in around 1 am EST. So far no issues with my S21+ but then again, I've never had any issues with it so all is still well. Have you also updated Google Play System? The July update came through on August 9 for me.
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Yea, no issues here either.  Based on your comment I checked Google and it said that I needed to restart to get the update  so I did and it installed it.  I'm pretty sure it came along with the system update because I saw something about Google Play flash across the screen when updating.  So yes, 1 July Google Play System. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
The Burg
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Actually they arrive separately. I had the Google update 2 days before the Verizon update. You can check for it using the Biometrics and Security tab in Settings.