Original topic:

Video Freezing / Sound Playing

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 09:38 AM)
userRMjQlBzmNJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
This issue is very frustrating. The annoyance level went from 0-3, I could deal with it to 7-8, it needs to be fixed now.

Issue: Videos across various platforms like YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and Facebook keeps freezing. 

Since the previous update a month ago, videos have started to freeze while playing. Out of no where, freezes. To get a clean play out (by chance), you're forced to rewatch the video. This is very apparent across TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram.

It's so frustrating. Do I need to wipe my device clean and do a clean re-install? That'd be such a frustrating thing to do. But will it solve this issue?

Samsung developers, if you're anywhere across these forums and come across this post, I hope you see how frustrating this issue is!

Does anything from the screenshot below help? I hope there's no fancy coding, numbers, or symbols in the screenshot that will prompt a hacker to highjack my device 😩 

I just need some help!

7 Replies
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
It's almost like you're on the beta program, as some of us are 🙂

Try this, if not already have:

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... retry videos ...
userxylHZUd20b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried this, no luck!
0 Likes
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21

known issue so far, wait for the next software update

userWiKQWEJJcH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I am having the same issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting and the problem persists. Video freezes while audio continues to play. Happens Intermittently on all apps.
0 Likes
omie23
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, this continues to happen across apps. Snapchat is the most frustrating because I miss the videos entirely, but even videos sent by friends in Messenger freeze.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I am very sorry to hear about videos freezing while playing, and can understand how incredibly frustration it is. Have you tried operating in Safe Mode and seeing if videos on the stock app(s) play properly? A third party application might be to blame, so try this guide out: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Also, you can try clearing your device's cache partition. The steps are:

• Ensure the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
    • Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Home button.
    • While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
    • Select wipe cache partition. Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
    • Select reboot system now. Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Finally, you can try clearing the cache on the apps in question and seeing if that helps. The steps for that are here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
Evangeliman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Happening to me constantly on galaxy fold 3
0 Likes