Original topic:

Video Playback Problem

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 11:56 AM)
Smackalot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
If I pause a video during playback, or answer a notification, the video freezes (but the audio continues to play). This makes apps like YouTube and TikTok unusable.

Anyone else running into this? Anyone know a solution? 
7 Replies
yahya100000
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
O don't know what to do.
0 Likes
Sgt_Stubby
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There's multiple post similar to this. No known work around
Smackalot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok thanks. I did some searching for other posts but I'll take a deeper dive. Hopefully Samsung is aware of the problem and is working on an update. Seemed to start around the time of the last Android OS update...
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration as it impedes you being able to enjoy your apps as intended. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Have you tried to clear the cache for the individual apps?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Smackalot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I've done all the steps outlined by Samsung in previous threads. This seems to be a known issue with no solution as of yet. I can assume samsung is working on some kind of patch or update? This problem makes the phone nearly unusable for things like Tiktok & Youtube.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I understand, thank you for this confirmation. Typically you can test running a video you have recorded in the camera app to see if this can be replicated. If it can, then repairs would be recommended in order to have the software reflashed. The next general steps would be a factory reset and then repairs, as the technicians evaluation will tell them if its software or hardware related.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Smackalot
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Go back and reread my previous message again... slowly
0 Likes