JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

View HDR10+ recorded videos on TV?

(Topic created on: 1/28/21 10:42 PM)
bluemetal04
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I been messing around with my new S21 5G for a day now. I really like recording videos using the HDR10+ feature. Is there a way to watch the videos on TV while keeping the HDR?  The only option I can think of is uploading to YouTube, but hoping to try it out without uploading anything.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bluemetal04
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I had to turn on HDR10+ on the camera settings first. In the camera app, I went to settings > advanced recording options > then turn on hdr10+ videos.

To get it working, you will have to record in 30fps. if you want it working on YouTube, you just upload it straight from the DCIM folder, which is where all photos/videos go to. For some reason, if you edit the video to make a movie or whatever, it removes the HDR. If you have a video editor on PC that can edit HDR videos, you can probably do it that way.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
crankmosh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
even on YouTube I don't get the HDR setting
0 Likes
bluemetal04
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I got YouTube working. I tested it out by uploading a HDR recorded video, and it worked fine.
0 Likes
crankmosh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
hmm I uploaded two HDR videos non show in HDR on my TV are you sure they are displaying in HDR?
0 Likes
Solution
bluemetal04
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I had to turn on HDR10+ on the camera settings first. In the camera app, I went to settings > advanced recording options > then turn on hdr10+ videos.

To get it working, you will have to record in 30fps. if you want it working on YouTube, you just upload it straight from the DCIM folder, which is where all photos/videos go to. For some reason, if you edit the video to make a movie or whatever, it removes the HDR. If you have a video editor on PC that can edit HDR videos, you can probably do it that way.

View solution in context

0 Likes