JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Visual Voicemail Greeting

(Topic created: 03-02-2021 01:27 PM)
MightyBlanket53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just bought an s21 yesterday. After seemingly endless phone calls with AT&T to fix my voicemail, I now can not change my greeting.

I record the greeting and hit save, then it defaults to the default gretting.

Please advise.
7 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
2 ideas,

1. AT&T is responsible for your voice mail, so they should be able to reset it. Don't know why they didn't.

Or 2. within voice their should be a voice menu, where you can change your setting to include your greeting. Oh one more thing if you choose to call them (AT&T) again I would call from another phone, not the one in question
0 Likes
MightyBlanket53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
They completely deleted my email and set up a new one. This seems to be a Samsung issue.

as mentioned I recorded my own greeting, but when I hit save it defaults back to the default gteeting.
0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@MightyBlanket53 

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic with AT&T.   Voicemail greetings are stored in the AT&T network.

If you're having an issue with Visual Voicemail, set up your greeting directly on AT&T.

• press and hold 1 or the Voicemail key.
  • Enter your voicemail password if prompted.
  • In the Main Menu, press 4 for Personal Options.
  • Press 3 to Change Greetings.
  • Follow the voice prompts to record a personal greeting.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
MightyBlanket53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That shouldn't be necessary. I have always changed my greeting through the visual voicemail app. That app is what is malfunctioning.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I figured as much, I thought thought you might want to change the greeting while you were working out the issue with the Voicemail app.

By the way, there is at least one review where the user had all his voicemail deleted when he tried to set it up through Visual Voicemail.

AT&T is the responsible app developer and they don't list a contact email.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
daveyboy64
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
what if I forgot my password and can't get to my messages on voice mail
0 Likes
MightyBlanket53
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You can dial 611 and get a temporary password.
0 Likes