JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice to text ..text messaging and groups

(Topic created: 10-24-2021 07:33 PM)
userTBXMUc9xUV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I got the Samsung S21 from having a Samsung S7. PS 21 voice to text never works properly while I'm using it for text messaging or emails. It has no option for custom spelling, you can't just put the first letter of your group in the "to," section anymore you have to jump through hoops to get to your group contact group, and also there are no suggestions that pop up when you spell something wrong or I meant to put a name you use all the time. The suggestions were right there in the S7. The S7 you could put the first couple of letters of your group name and it would pop up.

I don't know how to fix any of these things, I am looking into possibly just getting another S7 just for the text message and voice to text functionality. Is anyone else having this problem and does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have loaded a ton of different text messaging apps and that hasn't worked either.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
seguridadnh8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Huay
0 Likes
CalderCay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I would never expose an S7 to the Internet ... only on a localized network.

I've had no issue with voice to text with any app on my 21 Ultra Unlocked. Suggestive typing works as designed. My wife uses voice to text on her 21 also, with no issues, although her deep Texas accent can challenge the interpreter 🙂
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
The S7 is completely outdated and isn't receiving any security updates and I would highly suggest against that.

Have you tried Truecaller? It's a great app for blocking spam but it also has Groups and a search function right at the top which pulls up Contacts/Groups even with one letter typed. It may help you for that.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
I know what you mean, it use to pop up a list of words when you touched a word that was wrong but it doesn't have that anymore. That and speak to text has been really bad going from my note 9 to my note 20 ultra.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes