Original topic:

Volume Key Does Not Mute Like Prior Models

(Topic created on: 4/20/21 2:18 PM)
userb45LFoScrD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Every Samsung phone I've had before could be muted by a click down (or hold) on the physical volume key from vibrate.  The lack of this feature makes me hate this phone.

There had been a bug where you could up one click from the vibrate but that was fixed but not the missing mute. 

Yes, turn the phone on, swipe down, and tap the volume shortcut until it goes into mute.  This is not an acceptable user experience. 

My Tab S7+ has the same issue.  It seems to impact the newer android 11 devices. 

3 Replies
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Not exactly sure I understand your concern so please forgive me if I get it wrong.

Press the vol key and then the 3 dot menu. Then press the Gear to goto settings.. At the bottom of the settings screen toggle off "use vol keys for media"

Now your vol down key will adjust the ringtone volume, all the way down for mute and vibe, one more push for mute only

clipboard_image_1618936530006.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

From what I understand, @bill-e is correct. Turn off the "Use vol keys for media" option and it will control the ringtone vol/vibrate/mute.

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
usercOpGrJqpKL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just use the bixby button and tell it to turn the phone to vibrate or mute I have no problem with it myself but I use the assistants for everything anymore lol
0 Likes