Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I would say finger print !, remember only you have that finger print
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
the fingerprint sensor is great by all means as far as protection goes, but from a security standpoint it is still faulted by design. Its features utilize 2 different scanning systems so pressing too hard or in the wrong spot could leave you locked out of your own system, having to resort back to a pin. Better off just using a strong pin or password. For now, technology hasn't proven effective enough utilizing the fingerprint like in movies and stuff so the scanner itself is more for show than actual function in my opinion.
Patriot1776JG
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Wow, I never knew all this. But I have to say I've never had any problem with the finger print scanner. But appreciate the heads up =)
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
yeah if you have about 15 minutes to kill take a look at the 2 merged systems they utilize to measure and mark your fingerprint. Neither are very accurate and the most accurate isn't even used in mobile devices. it's more of what you find inside banking system Safes and computer companies.

https://www.androidauthority.com/how-fingerprint-scanners-work-670934/
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@SHADOWGATE I read the article you posted, but I couldn't find the part where they say ultrasonic sensors are "just for decoration" or that they are inherently insecure. It even says the sensor is an "even more secure alternative to capacitive scanners." Also, Samsung Knox has been repeatedly mentioned for it's high security standards. 

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Knox security is great for security. Has very little bearing on the fingerprint scanning technology though. That tech is outsourced from an entirely different company so the two are barely relative. Ultrasonic sensoring IS a great implementation of the fingerprint scanning also. Sadly that is not what you are getting in your mobile device
Keeping a strong password or pin with KNOX running correctly is more than efficient for the daily driver phone which brings me back to my previous statement of "if and when your fingerprint fails to read the security reverts back to those options"
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
As always, these are gathered thoughts from someone who spent 20 years in Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing. Bit Encryption is much more advanced than the tech that processes Retina and Fingerprint scanning at this moment in development. It doesnt take away from their implementation as an "added" feature, I just wouldn't use it as my Go To just yet is all. The issue I have personally with fingerprint scanning is that the fingerprint has to touch the screen. The fibers that makeup your unique fingerprint change slightly when pressed against a surface which is the cause of alot of non reading on peoples devices which is why the other forms of reading the print still have to be used. Same with Retina scans though they are far more advanced especially with the use of scanning the face along with it though the correct photo can bypass those. It's the reason companies are advancing their camera tech. I think some form of BOTH would be a Great feature and a solution. If the phone had to not only read the facial rec, and/or retina, along with the fingerprint, I think it would deter alot of security issues I've run into. With the speed Samsung is advancing technology, we arent far off from this happening though which is why the company is leading in the Mobile Device market.
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
I use mine more for Decoration. They are fun to Mod

clipboard_image_1612044784109.jpg

MRB1989
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
hey.....wats up.....was trying to do my phone???
0 Likes