Original topic:

WIFI and Mobile hotpot aren't working

(Topic created: 05-02-2024 10:20 AM)
scottredeemed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have a Samsung S21FE and as of 3 days ago it's WIFI will no longer turn on past a couple of seconds.  It looks like it is searching for networks for approximately 2 seconds and then turns off.  My mobile Hotspot on the phone is doing something similar.  So, I have been unable to connect to WIFI and unable to use my Hotspot.  I am not super electronics savvy, but it seems like it could be some sort of internal WIFI card issue which both functions likely use.  I of course tried the simplest solution, restarting the phone which didn't work.  Then I tried doing resets, except for a factory reset in the hopes that it was a settings issue.  I have done everything that I can think of outside of the factory reset.  I am willing to do that, but I am wanting other feedback before I resort to doing that and I have to go through a lot of hassle getting all of my personal and professional applications back on the phone.  Any Help???

9 Replies
ClydesBonnie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Try a factory reset. I know it sucks to lose all of your stuff, but hopefully, this will save your phone.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
You can try to reset your wifi and Bluetooth settings in general management - Reset - Reset wifi and Bluetooth settings
I would also suggest clicking on the support tab on the bottom of this app and run a diagnosis to see if they are a issue
1714671546451_1714671546443_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
scottredeemed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have already tried resetting the wifi and bluetooth settings.  I am interested in how you got to that diagnostics screen.  I searched for diagnostics and I do not see that anywhere on my phone.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Bottom of the Members app
1714672840502.jpg1714672840526.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user4f3Z12fxhn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
You find an answer for this yet, I'm on the same boat as you. Phone doing the exact same thing
0 Likes
RonW88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issue
0 Likes
SarahNg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
What should I set all of my wifi settings as like my iPhone settings and proxy