Original topic:

When phone is paired with car it no longer sends me sound alerts from apps

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 01:55 PM)
userxrA4BLztMY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Presumably for safety purposes, when my Galaxy S21 is paired with my car, it will only send me a sound alert from an app via Bluetooth through my car's audio system and not from my phone.  And turning off Bluetooth on my phone doesn't help either.  The phone apparently still knows it's paired to my car and will not make a sound alert.  So if I want to hear a sound notification from an app, I have to set the source of my car audio to "Bluetooth" and then I do hear a sound alert from apps through my car's audio system.  Of course if I do that, I can't listen to the radio, etc. so it's not a good solution.  I've visited various Android forums discussing this problem and could not find a useful solutions like an option to play sound notifications both through Bluetooth and my phone. Ironically, my old Samsung S4 would make a sound for every app alert even thought it was  paired to my car while I was driving.  Suggestions will be welcomed please.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Are u connecting the charger cord in your car?
0 Likes
userxrA4BLztMY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
What kind of car is it and are u using android auto or something like nissan connect?
0 Likes
userxrA4BLztMY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

It is a 2016 Honda Pilot.  My Samsung Galaxy S21 does have Android Auto.  I have searched for, and turned on all notification settings I could find.    

0 Likes