JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When will the S Pen Pro be released

(Topic created on: 1/25/21 6:17 AM)
useriZl4dRJRVC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

I'd been havering between the Note 20 Ultra and the S21 Ultra, mainly because the S Pen on the Note 20 is much superior to the one accompanying the launch of the S21. But the S21's superior camera made all the difference so I chose it, which means having to wait for the S Pen Pro. 

But, the key question here, does anyone have any idea when it's likely to be released, other than "later this year"?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
useriZl4dRJRVC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Well now, I've actually managed to solve the thing myself. The main point I wanted the S Pen for was to activate the camera shutter remotely (because it's often not very convenient to have to use two hands, one to hold the cameras and one to press the shutter button). - and I'm not especially interested in the gestured, changing menus etc that the S Pen is designed for so for just the remote shutter option it would have been a bit of a waste.

And then I stumbled across the solution myself. Looking at earlier S Pens, the Note 20 one, in particular, I realised that there were Bluetooth remote buttons designed for exactly such a purpose. Not only that, but I actually had one of the things already that I'd never got around to using!

I tried it out and - guess what? - after pairing it with my S10+ (I'm waiting for the S21 Ultra) it worked perfectly.

So I have the solution already - and not only that, it cost a fraction of the cost even of a Note 20 S Pen: here it is:

https://www.shein.co.uk/Wireless-Bluetooth-Remote-Control-p-1600145-cat-2277.html

Perfecto!

View solution in context

8 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@useriZl4dRJRVC 

What features are you actually interested in? I have a Note 20 Ultra now, and the only things the S-Pen can do that the S21 S-Pen can't are gestures (which to me seemed totally useless) and BT remote control, and that one I used a few times to take a picture or change a song, but it was more just to show people that I can do that, and they can't with their precious iPhones, lol. Basically a party trick. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
useriZl4dRJRVC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Actually, the main thing I wanted was the Bluetooth connection so I could take photos without having two hands there (eg, when I'm reaching up over my head etc

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Unfortunately there have been no official announcements on the release date yet. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
useriZl4dRJRVC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Well now, I've actually managed to solve the thing myself. The main point I wanted the S Pen for was to activate the camera shutter remotely (because it's often not very convenient to have to use two hands, one to hold the cameras and one to press the shutter button). - and I'm not especially interested in the gestured, changing menus etc that the S Pen is designed for so for just the remote shutter option it would have been a bit of a waste.

And then I stumbled across the solution myself. Looking at earlier S Pens, the Note 20 one, in particular, I realised that there were Bluetooth remote buttons designed for exactly such a purpose. Not only that, but I actually had one of the things already that I'd never got around to using!

I tried it out and - guess what? - after pairing it with my S10+ (I'm waiting for the S21 Ultra) it worked perfectly.

So I have the solution already - and not only that, it cost a fraction of the cost even of a Note 20 S Pen: here it is:

https://www.shein.co.uk/Wireless-Bluetooth-Remote-Control-p-1600145-cat-2277.html

Perfecto!

View solution in context

SouthernBelle84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

So I have a question for you. I have had a S10+ for 2 years now. I love my phone. I had a 7 edge before that. I actually loved my edge more, except the camera of course. I ordered the 21 Ultra last week and it will be here tomorrow. How do you like it? Do you like it better than the S10+? I have like 8 days left to return it because shipping has taken so long lol. But I would like to know your opinion on it.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
just got mine delivered yesterday
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@useriZl4dRJRVC 

My understanding is that the S21 Ultra does not have the software capability yet to utilize the BT functions so if that is true your BT S-Pen isn't going to work.

I do believe it's true that there is no capability yet because I've not seen anyone bragging about how they got their older S-Pen to work with BT

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 3/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes