JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

White screen camera on 1.0x zoom

(Topic created: 10-28-2021 07:57 AM)
userwa0p8pwGoe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
My s21 is showing a white screen when I'm in normal zoom mode on rear camera but when I zoom in or out it shows what I'm pointing at. Happens from 1.0x to about 3.9x or 4.0x. 
14 Replies
userxz9GrTMzq0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have same exact problem with same phone . Did you find out what's up
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when our camera doesn't function per expectation. I would recommend resetting the camera settings.

Give these steps a try: 

1. Open the camera application

2. Tap Settings which is the gear in the top right or left corner.

3. Tap General.

4. Select Reset and Yes.

This Tap option will reset only the settings for the camera application. It will not impact the settings for the Galaxy Camera operating system and it will not remove any of your personal information from the camera.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Adva
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I bought the phone last week. Every time I open the camera there is a white screen. Even after I change resolution.

Every time I open the camera through apps such as Facebook WhatsApp the camera opens with a white screen.

Is there an error in the camera or settings?

0 Likes
Njdan30
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried clearing data on camera app?
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

I can see how frustrating this issue can be. I would recommend you make sure your phone is up to date on its software. I also recommend that you try placing your phone in safe mode to see if the issue persists. Here are the steps to place your phone in safe mode. 

Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Side key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Side key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Side key and Volume down key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
userxz9GrTMzq0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I have same issue as others have and looking for solution please , white screen back camera unless I zoom to 0.5 but reg 1.0 up to 3 or so don't work . It's frustrating cause I can't use manual settings especially focus forced on fixed due to white screen . Reason I bought phone is for camera I need for astrophotography .So please help is appreciated. Also it was working before this just happened 2 days ago and I have done safe mode even factory reset but made no difference. Thanks

0 Likes
magwai69
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I know that the info on safe mode wasn't meant for me but I appreciate your suggestions and knowledge about safe mode.
0 Likes
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21
You can also try the Diagnostic help. On your Samsung Members app tap the 'Get Help' button on the bottom of the page the tap start on Diagnostic page which then takes you to another page, scroll down to camera and tap it to see why your camera is acting up.
0 Likes
userxz9GrTMzq0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I've done that , put it on safe mode, reset app preferences and permissions, and factory reset my phone
0 Likes