JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why can't I register new device ?

(Topic created: 09-11-2021 09:15 PM)
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm trying to register my newly purchased T-Mobile Samsung s21 ultra that was bought new from Best Buy in the USA last weekend. I've tried doing the registration under Samsung Members app and also Shop Samsung app. Screen shots showing error message.

Looks like Samsung's website doesn't recognize their own IMEI / serial number to validate my purchase and give me my one year warranty that I'm entitled to. 

Just to clarify, I'm an American resident having purchased an American Samsung S21U from Best Buy in the USA. It's not an import or grey market device. 

15 Replies
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok will do thanks. I took your advice and logged into Samsung dot com members via PC. It allowed me to upload my receipt at least.
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Is that a business phone :mobile_phone:
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
No, just pleasure. Lol.
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I uploaded my purchase receipt using a windows PC to register my device after not being able to use the Members app or Shop Samsung app via the S21U to do so.

It was under review for a couple of days and now it snows "approved" but warranty expiration date is 9/4/2021. Yes folks that's Sept 4th 2021 the day the device was purchased. Thus it shows warranty expired now. Screenshot_20210912-000944_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
So after spending hours either on chat or phone to various departments within Samsung USA support system. A ticket was created for my issue.
Today I received a confirmation that my registration for warranty had been reviewed and approved for the date ending 9/4/2021! . This is beyond frustrating. The date of 9/4/2021 was the date of purchase on the receipt that I uploaded to them. Ridiculous and really terrible service I'm afraid. Since I'm not prepared to go through another 4 or so hours being bounced dept to dept to get this corrected.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello @Frederickdawg, I sincerely apologize for all of the frustration. I have updated the ticket information and the warranty date for your phone to reflect the correct warranty end date. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes