JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why can't I register new device ?

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 10:50 PM)
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm trying to register my newly purchased T-Mobile Samsung s21 ultra that was bought new from Best Buy in the USA last weekend. I've tried doing the registration under Samsung Members app and also Shop Samsung app. Screen shots showing error message.

Looks like Samsung's website doesn't recognize their own IMEI / serial number to validate my purchase and give me my one year warranty that I'm entitled to. 

Just to clarify, I'm an American resident having purchased an American Samsung S21U from Best Buy in the USA. It's not an import or grey market device. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello @Frederickdawg, I sincerely apologize for all of the frustration. I have updated the ticket information and the warranty date for your phone to reflect the correct warranty end date. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Login into your Samsung account using a browser and you should be able to register
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Your phone is registered already, that's why you can't seem to add anything
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
It appears to be an erroneous message. If you look at my attached screen shot you can see my various previous Samsung mobile device were recognized. This particular device in question is empty / blank.Screenshot_20210910-022509_Shop Samsung_29679.jpgScreenshot_20210910-022342_Shop Samsung.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
If you still need assistance with this call the Samsung e-commerce support team and they will confirm plus if you purchased Samsung care + call the number it will confirm that you are fully registered
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Try the model number in Caps or can you scan the bar code
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
This is how my reg looks like Screenshot_20210910-023823_Settings_10830.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
Are you in the US
0 Likes
Frederickdawg
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes I'm in the USA.
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21
If you still can't reg the phone, reach out to the Samsung e-commerce support team via phone or Twitter
0 Likes