Original topic:

Why has my microphone moved to the far left corner of the screen?

(Topic created: 04-05-2024 11:02 AM)
user7fUnGT00DO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I am right handed and when I'm using the phone I have to hold the phone with two hands just to push the microphone on the far left hand corner! Google did an update and they changed things and I don't like it can someone help me please? Tia
7 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S21
As of now, that's how it is
I think eventually Samsung will provide a fix via Goodlock and Keys Cafe module
user7fUnGT00DO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Actually it's not! So I contacted Samsung through Verizon and I'm sure any other mobile company can get you through if you have a Samsung phone but there is something called gboard and you can download it from the Play store but it does take some technical expertise I sat here and watched this person have remote control over my phone for 30 minutes and he went through my whole phone cleaned it out downloaded this app and now my microphone is on the right hand side where it's supposed to be! I'm completely satisfied and happy camper that I've got my keyboard back mind you it is a little bit different as far as the font and the color but that can always be changed so if you don't like the new keyboard download gboard

KW7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I  did this myself, download Gboard app, get in the app , pick Google voice typing and then you will have to turn on the multilingual button as well, it doesn't work if you don't turn that on. And then it should take you straight to preferences and you can set up your keyboard. I got my microphone back to where it should be.. Took me less than 3 minutes. Make sure you turn on the Qwertzy button too, unless you like numbers in the corner of each letter on your keyboard.

Hope this helps

KW7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Please see my reply down below.

0 Likes
JadeMargo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Came here for the exact same reason. I've already had Gboard but don't like it. but I am hoping there will be a better fix. At least an option to give the icon to the right side of the phone so I don't have to use both hands.
aegisasset
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
When they do these user interface updates, it would be nice to give us the option on what we would like to change. Every time I get an update, I'm forced to accept these changes. And they all suck loved the way the phone was set up when I first bought it. Also the speech to text is definitely not as accurate as it was the day prior. I have had at least one typo issue on every text since the update.
elvisrn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Same here,I decide,not the update people
0 Likes