Original topic:

Why is OK Google never working right?

(Topic created: 07-04-2021 04:22 PM)
aloherg73
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Why is OK Google never working right? 

I can hear OK google respond.. but it will not show any actions? For. Example i cant see the assitant.. or if i tell it to open chrome, or maps or spotify or any app.. i can here the audio respones.. " OK, opening Maps" ...but it does nothing.. no apps open.. my phone just sits there and does nothing.. this  is a S21 Utlra fully unlocked.    The Ok Google app has always been come and go for some reason with the s21.. but why?. and after each Samsung update it gets worse... is Samsung cock-blocking my Assiant? Just to make me use there dumb Bixby wich does not work.    Or is Google not updating the assisting to properly  work on the S21.. just to make you mad enough to buy a pixel!  

I redo the settings every other day for Voice settings for OK Google.. it responds right after I do the setting again and again.. but never opens the Google app on the screen. And shows and actions on the screen?!

And yes all permissions are on.. what's the deal! 
0 Likes
4 Replies
STEPOFFWANKER
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Google assistant Delete app, restart phone, dl again? Try "hey" Google. Also, did you do voice recognition..
0 Likes
aloherg73
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, yes, and yes all of the above. Like @nopen1278 said we will need to wait for google update.. and go the long way around for now
0 Likes
STEPOFFWANKER
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Ok, i had google update, yesterday, and I just tested. She works, but no show on screen.
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
It looks like many users are experiencing the issue with Google assistant not showing up on screen but being heard. It is happening to me as well. Google says they are working on a fix so I guess you'll need to wait for next update for it to work right/ better. You can get it to show but you have to tap on the assistant icon or the mic to the right on the Google search bar.
0 Likes