Original topic:

Why is One UI so limiting?

(Topic created: 10-02-2021 11:08 AM)
John891
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried to switch back to One UI from Nova Launcher on my S21 Ultra because after some experimentation I realized I'm missing out on a lot of ease of use by using the 3 button gesture instead of the 1 button gesture. Unfortunately 1 button gesture is very buggy with Nova Launcher, so I decided to try out One UI launcher instead. Icon padding is so huge. This is a big phone and I have big hands, but I like to customize my layout so that everything is within reach of my thumbs on the bottom of the screen. One UI with it's huge spacing and padding between icons does not permit this. Im my opinion, the homescreen ends up looking like it's for senior citizens with failing eyesight. 

Then there's the laggy notification shade. It stutters on expanding. These little gripes are starting to make me really dislike this phone.it gets so much right, but the things you rely on all day everyday don't serve the user well at all. 
5 Replies
usermWqJMS42gz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
H.
0 Likes
usermWqJMS42gz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Uppopup
0 Likes
ShortyMa
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Have you tried changing the grid size of the layout? In settings home screen
John891
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes, I've used the smallest grid size, but it's still not small or low enough. Image of how I have it set up in. Ova attached. Screenshot_20211002-191359_Nova7.jpg
0 Likes
usermWqJMS42gz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
L
0 Likes