Original topic:

Why the S21 is my favorite Samsung phone so far.

(Topic created on: 4/30/21 1:30 AM)
IZXXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Before the S21 line up was unveiled, the S9 and S10 series of Samsung phones were a few of my most favorite Samsung phones out there. The slim/sexy redesign of the S8 was a refreshing addition though the S9 was pretty much the PERFECT Samsung, refining the problems with the S8. The S10 however was the biggest refresh of all and generally way more exciting than the S9 announcement. I loved most things about the S10 series, the design, the bezeless like quality. It was a great phone for the year 2019.

However, something about the S21 is deemed to be my new top personal favorite of Samsungs. The S20 was pretty cool but pricy at the 1k USD price tag. Also, the deisgn didn't really amaze me. I found the design to be underwhelming and the software of One UI 2 at the time was alright. But One UI 3.1 running on an S21 phone has been the best experience of a Samsung I ever gotten. Despite the less GB of RAM than the S20, the plastic build quality on the back compared to glass like the rest of the other phones, going from my S20 to my S21 felt like a minimal compromise experience. They have both run very smooth, I hadn't noticed any drawbacks with performance, and all in all, I love the sexy but clean design of the S21 way more than the generic lookin S20. With a new better processor, visually more appealing design with even slimmer bezels, this didn't feel like a downgrade at all! Plus, a flat display is a lot more practical than a curve!

So basically, I like the hardwarw design. Software wise? Probably the best of Samsung's software right now. Fluid and smooth especially on 120hz. Feels very modern and simple just like Samsung's software has been for a while! Definitely way better than the Samsung Experience OEM from 2017, those were some darker days. I think the S21 is a perfect candidate to new users switching from other brands of phones if they ever want to use a Samsung!

It has:
-3 Years of Software Support
-The best of Samsung's current UI
-120hz and a great looking phone
-Good performance and overall good battery life, not great but good.
-Despite build quality, look at that camera setup, quite gorgeous.
-Barely a difference in smoothness or perfromace than the S20 despite less RAM
-Miminal Lag (at least for me using the US varaint)

I believe it's a very good package and showcase of what Samsung has to offer in a phone. I've been loving the 120hz, the design, and the overall experience. Not everything is perfect, I can make critical points about Samsung's fesign choices, consistency, animations, etc. But overall, it seems to work pretty well as of right now. and yeah, the S21 is my favorite Samsung so far.
4 Replies
3GC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I totally F***N agree my'G. :handshake:
IZXXC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Ay thanks man
0 Likes