Original topic:

Widgets

(Topic created: 07-11-2021 04:40 AM)
Vinyard77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just got my Galaxy S21 and, even though the widgets show on screen, no notifications are showing on the individual widgets. How do I turn this on? I'm often hands free on my phone and need to see what I was just notified for since, I can't make each notification have its own notification sound. Any help is appreciated!

7 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@Vinyard77 Try this:

1. Visit settings
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. Click Advanced settings
  4. Enable "App icon badges"
Vinyard77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That did not work 😑
0 Likes
Vinyard77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
The app icon badges was already enabled 🤦‍:female_sign: I turned it off, and turned it back on. Now we wait 🤣
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm not fully understanding the issue, if you don't mind... could you share a screenshot of what you are referring to?

0 Likes
Vinyard77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
See the widgets? Zero notifications show on them. And since I can't make my text notification Different than the other notifications like I could on my LG, I need the widget notifications to know what it isScreenshot_20210712-161316_Microsoft Launcher.jpg
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

I gather you're referring to the app folders in your screenshot, as opposed to actual widgets. Are you saying that you expect to see a notification badge on the small app icon within a folder and don't? My experience is that I see a badge on the folder if any app within the folder has one, then when I expand the folder I see the badge on the app icon.

Dan
Galaxy S21 SM-G991U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
0 Likes
Vinyard77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I am not at all sure what you are saying lol. This is a screen shot of another home screen. Notice all the widgets have a notification number on them indicating how many notifications each has. Compare to my photo, which has none. I've never had a phone that DIDNT do this.Screenshot_20210712-183030_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes