JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wife’s S21 not getting monthly updates

(Topic created: 08-15-2022 07:16 AM)
useroMnaVDiNB9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My wife and I both have the S21. I receive regular monthly security updates but she has not received one since May. Her phone says the software is up to date when it obviously is NOT!

Any suggestions?

4 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Try using Smart Switch

Try using Smart Switch,

Smart Switch for Windows https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchwin

Smart Switch for Mac  https://www.samsung.com/global/download/smartswitchmac/

Step 1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable provided with your device, and then open Smart Switch on your compute

Step 2. If a software update is available, Smart Switch might automatically prompt you to update the software or will display an option to update

Step 3. Click Update and use the on-screen prompts to download the necessary files

Step 4. Click OK to proceed. Your device may turn off and on a few times during the update process. When the update is complete, the device returns to the Home screen

Note: Don't disconnect the USB cable or use your device...

If SmartSwitch is not giving you a certain overdue update, the next step is to reach out to your carrier for further assistance, since updates are provided over the air to your device by them (NOT by Samsung).

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
snsells
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried this and it still says I am up to date. It has been almost a year since I have had an update. I've had no updates since unlocking phone from at&t
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

If you still have an AT&T SIM put it in the phone and I bet it will begin downloading updates.  Once it does remove the SIM. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
snsells
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This didn't work either
0 Likes