Original topic:

Wifi drops constantly; only with work profile; disabling work profile doesn't work.

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 06:06 PM)
MK20001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi all. 

I have dealt with the known wifi issue constantly dropping on my s21, that many people have fixed by disabling location accuracy. For whatever reason, that doesn't seem to do the trick for me. 

Tonight, I finally took the plunge and tried a factory reset. I was temporarily elated because everything worked great, no drops. Then, I installed my work profile and almost immediately started getting the issue again. I found some forums that suggest this issue also arises from an isssue switching between profiles.

For what it's worth, I have a router with a single SSID for both 2.4 and 5ghz bands. That seems to be an aggravating factor here. I have no desire to separate them.

In any event, I am not sure why location accuracy doesn't do the trick, but I am at my wits end. I tried to get into the UI4 beta, but it's full. 

Does anyone else have any ideas? This is causing incredible angst.

4 Replies
DENVERSKIER
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S21
You might try going into connections on your settings menu then wifi!!! On this screen go to top 3 dots and click on advanced on this screen I would check network quality first then go back to advanced and go down to managed networks see if network is already there. If not add go back to advanced and wi fi control history and check to see that connect was turned off
0 Likes
MK20001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
That isn't the issue. Every other device in my house works fine. Even the wifi works (in between drops) I get speeds of 400mbs on my gigabit connection. The issue is the constant drops so I have no wifi (per the known issues referenced above)
Options
Galaxy S21
One of the common issues for your problem is your web you control I absolutely hate it but I have to leave it open because I am a developer and a beta tester but here's the deal turned it off and just don't enable it disable that thing turned it off for stop it you'll be okay
0 Likes
MK20001
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks. Which setting should I be disabling?
0 Likes