Original topic:

Wifi6 issues

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 08:00 PM)
WESTNDBECKETT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello all, has anyone experienced issues with extremely slow wifi speeds when connected to a wifi6 signal? I have a s21 ultra and my device is the only device in my home that just cannot get a good reception when connected to my home wifi. It is very frustrating. I have tried everything from reseting the wifi settings on my phone to clearing data/cache even factory resetting the phone I have factory reset my router and made multiple calls to my internet provider and everything they tell me my router is getting a really strong consistent signal 24/7 with no drops. The only thing that seems to work SOMETIMES is turning my wifi on and off ob my phone but even that seems like is not working either. Any suggestions?

7 Replies
NunYaBizkid
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm having the same issue with my note 20 Ultra 5G and my router is the Asus GT Rog ax11000, and it is either the latest Samsung September security patch or the latest Asus firmware update. I done the reconnect click a few times and it seemed to work for me. I'm getting good speeds again. The download is still slightly less than normal. I'm usually in the 800's download. Screenshot_20210916-004809_ASUS Router_17058.png
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
I had wifi 6 issues. If it's original wifi 6 it seemed to have some problems with band steering. I had to shut that off to finally get past it
0 Likes
WESTNDBECKETT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
You mean you split your wifi between 5ghz and 2.4? Isn't that a bit annoying?
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes it was very frustrating and I ended up fighting with Netgear to the point of them refunding me and I am using my old router. I have seen some newer routers where the problem is gone. My parents have the new Xfinity branded one that's a white and it has no issues. The band steering has been the whole reason I have wanted to upgrade my wifi but have had so many issues. I was waiting for a good wifi 6 mesh system to release or even an Aruba AP at this point. So long answer but yes so annoying 🙂
0 Likes
WESTNDBECKETT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I actually have the newer xfinity router and that's the one that's giving me issues with my device. The reason why I know for a fact it's the wifi 6 is because whenever I'm connected to any other wifi, my friends, my parents, at work etc my phone works flawlessly but all those other wifi routers do not support wifi 6, only mine does
0 Likes
cchat9000
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S21
Do you by chance have the older generation xfi pods? That was what was I think causing this issue with my parents. I did actually have their router swapped out as well but I think it was the pods. The reason I say this is in the instructions it talks about if you have that older generation to leave them unplugged for 48 hours to see if you need them
0 Likes
WESTNDBECKETT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the newer pods actually but you know what I actually was thinking that same thing the other day. Maybe it is the pods, I haven't really tried anything concerning the pods though, but my phone even works well when I am connected to them. I get 200-300mbps when I am connected to them but once I walk to the main part of my house where the router is and my phone connects to it I get, no lie, 5-20mbps. I have to sit there sometimes 30min turning on and off my wifi until my phone registers the router's actually strength which is usually 500-650mbps. The pods do not offer wifi 6
0 Likes