Original topic:

Wireless Android Auto

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 09:35 AM)
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi Folks, just a PSA here.

Today I was able to wirelessly connect my S21Ultra to my Ram Uconnect 12" head unit using a device called AAWireless.

Setup was straight forward and quick and no settings needed to be changed on my phone as I already had Android Auto toggled on for Wifi.  My phone did need to BT pair with the AAWireless dongle but that was it.

Now every time I get into my truck my phone and Android Auto automatically connects to the AAWireless dongle and thus to my head unit.  Android Auto over WiFi does not display any of the USB connection issues we've been suffering through.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
5 Replies
userWvxggzpety
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Do I have to install a software on vehicle to use AAWireless
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

No, just an app on your phone but your radio must be capable of wired Android Auto.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userWvxggzpety
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Sorry...what does wired AA mean? I have a Hyundai Tucson 2019 and the vehicle has AA. The vehicle sees the usb to charge, I can play music with Bluetooth, but won't recognize usb cable to transfer data. I've bought 6 cords.
0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

Wired AA means that you connect your phone via USB cable in order to project Android Auto onto your car's display.  Some new vehicles have the ability to connect to Android Auto wirelessly if your phone has Android 11 or newer.  AAWireless provides that wireless ability to most of the radios without it.

As far as your phone not passing data, make sure the default USB setup is set to Transfer files.

Bill
---
0 Likes
ReneCarter
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Where did you purchase this device. I'm really tired of fighting with Android auto disconnecting so much. I wonder if most of the issues have to do with Hyundai vehicles since mine is a 2019 sonata and my wife's 2021 Kona has the same issue with my phone.
0 Likes