Original topic:

Wireless charging on S21 5G very slow

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
mar915
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I was using wireless charger 10W and it did not do fast charging but it was overnight.  Saturday morning Verizon update came out for Samsung and since then it only charged 80% after 6 hours.  I wire charged it with no problem this morning.  Any ideas, I like wireless charging at night and frustrated after the update it does not anymore. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

Here's a link with some information that will hopefully help quell those frustrations:  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001490/#phone-is-not-charging-with-wireless-....  Please let us know if this information helps!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
What's the amperage of your charging adapter?
0 Likes
mar915
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

10W, it worked fine, slow it was not fast charging and that was okay since it was overnight but now after 6 hours not charged

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
What's the amperage not the wattage?
0 Likes
Blue7
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21

what's the updated version? about phone > software info > last 4 characters of build number

have you tried to charge it on a different wireless charger? 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

0 Likes
mar915
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

yes it is the same on both wireless chargers now.

Version  AUFD  build number

What is member app to submit an error report, not sure where that is. 

0 Likes
userlUoDv8SlLC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here, I have the S21 and the long 3 device wireless charger. My phone says 42% Fast wireless charging 1 h 42 m until full, but it charges very slowly.  Definitely not 1 h 42 m

0 Likes
bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@mar915 While I have no evidence of this, it appears that Samsung has started enforcing it's charging specs.  Chargers that worked initially with the S21 no longer work in some cases.

I have a Samsung Super Fast wall charger which I plug into my wireless charging cradle and it still works fine.  It seems to affect chargers that are not PD 2 or 3 certified.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes