Original topic:

YouTube Problems Pop Up View after UI 4.0 Update

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 04:45 AM)
userPuioyJ2ieP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung UI 4.0 Everytime I use pop up view and minimize YouTube it goes in Picture in Picture mode . - - -I'm not sure as to why this happens now. It's annoying since I like to use Pop up view to look through videos and search stuff and I minimize it when it's getting a bit in the way. Now, it goes into Picture in Picture automatically. Does anyone happen to know a fix?  So many other problems like there isn't a lock screen media in Picture in Picture mode too 😕  Lastly, I used to be able to use Pop Up View on YouTube and then press X to exit and the video would still be playing. Now, it just stops the app entirely even if I try to keep it open. This really socks because YouTube is basically all I use unfortunately. -         It especially sucks that I can't close out of the   pop up view and the   app would still keep playing in the background. I usually did this so the little icon when  I even could minimize it normally could go away. If anyone knowshwhy this happens or how I could fix it, thank uou very much!    

0 Likes
7 Replies
BlueYoshiBtw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
mines works
0 Likes
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

Weird. I used it on my GF'S samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra as well and we are having the same problem. *sigh*

0 Likes
BlueYoshiBtw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
rip
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
You can always disable pictures in picture mode in the settings for YouTube if you prefer pop up mode instead. You can do this within the YouTube app it self or disable picture in picture mode access for the app within system settings. You should be able to put it in pop up view after this.

Screenshot_20211119-085619_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21

I was using this when the problem first occurred but it's an annoyance since I use both PiP and Pop Up View on different occasions. The weird part is, if you open YouTube in pop up view WITHOUT opening it via one hand operation or the pop up panel in game booster (seriously, why isn't there a pop up panel button for android) then it doesn't go in PiP when minimizing. 

Doesn't help the media player issue or the fact that when you close a pop up view, it doesn't play in the background like it used to so I don't have an icon in my way while on the phone or playing games. I would say that's the biggest issue since the lock screen issue is also a minor annoyance. I can go into my media output and there is a lock screen there.

Socks because YT Music doesn't have the first two issues, but you can't play most YouTube videos on there. 

I would just say my MAJOR problem with no workaround seen yet is the background play when closing the pop up view.

You don't happen to have any solutions for that? Haha

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah I can't think of a work around for your situation. And yeah YouTube music will only play videos that are music I'm not sure how YouTube determines this but oh well.

I'm not sure I understand the issue about background play but then again I'm on YouTube premium and background play is a feature.
0 Likes
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Galaxy S21
Apologies for the long comment spacing. I was using the website on a browser and it was putting a ton of phantom spaces but now I'm on the official Samsung Members app lol.

Anyways, I can put it in background play but it has to stay gone or if I bring it up in Pop Up View it has to stay there or it will stop. Previously, I could put it in pop up view, exit out of it and it would keep playing.

Now if I do it, it will stop. I could theoretically have it in PiP and press the headphone button and put it in the background. However, I like to change from seeing the video to not seeing the video.

Essentially, I'm stuck with having the icon when I minimize the pop up view to be able to switch to and from watching the actual video and having it in the background. I dislike the icon since I play games or look up stuff and the icon is a bit jarring and stands in the way at times.

Do you think it will possibly get fixed? I feel as if these are mainly YouTube problems EXCEPT being unable to keep the video background playing when closing the pop up view icon.

I feel as if these are minor so they won't do anything and it's frustrating because I loved the way it operated previously and now, they took a few steps forward but a few steps back *sigh*. Honestly, I've been looking into possibly rolling back but I don't know.
0 Likes