JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call and text not working after update

(Topic created: 03-16-2021 12:48 PM)
whit91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

My calls and text arent working anymore after latest update why? 

9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
After "what" update?

Boot into Maintenance mode, then select to Clear the Cache Partition ... then boot back into phone
0 Likes
whit91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
it was the latest 11.0 update but I got it fixed
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

have you contacted the carrier? could be your SIM card issue but report it on samsung members app if you think it's software related issue

0 Likes
Solution
whit91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
hi yes they were able to fix it with the recent update my phone was still in 4g so they had to give me a 5g simcard
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You may have been led astray - there's no such thing as a "5g SIM"... the SIM merely "tells the phone who to connect to" ...

To use 5g, you need a phone capable of 5g and your calling plan would have to support it.

Case in point, my wife and I had 4g capable S10 phones ... we traded in for S21s, simply removed the SIM from the S10 and inserted into S21, and bam! 5g service and speeds (on AT&T network)

So I'd say you simply had a "defective" SIM.
whit91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
that's not how it worked for mine I had a 4g samsung galaxy s9plus switch to s21 plus then with the update stopped working had to go get a 5g sim I didn't pay for anything I have verizon
0 Likes
whit91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
sorry s20** plus
0 Likes
whit91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
my phone was perfectly fine and I had it for less then a year with the 4g sim on the s21
0 Likes
laollis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I can't call out after update! Need it fixed now.
0 Likes