Original topic:

can't take moon shot with my s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 2/18/21 6:52 PM)
Eli1412
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
My s21 ultra not taking moon shot and not scanning documents from the camera ... 

The scan document is on in the setting ... 

But what about the moon ? 

On my note 20 Ultra it would take moon shot easy and scan document easily ... What's going on ? Anyone else have this issues ? 
20 Replies
userCRCAcjnNrx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
same here to see if you get a answer
userPjO7DHPQMd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here. My wife also has the 21 ultra and no moon shots for her either. Big white fuzzy ball. What gives?

0 Likes
userCRCAcjnNrx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
try powering it off and on. every time it don't work I do that and it works.
0 Likes
userGTwyLo0O03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
it works by after a restart but only for some time like a few minutes, max an hour and goes back to the same issue.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance. They will be able to remote into your device to see the symptom you are experiencing.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userCRCAcjnNrx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I just reset my phone and now I can take moon pictures. I hope this works for you.
0 Likes
userPjO7DHPQMd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Seems kind of drastic.  I will need 2 hours to set it back up the way I like.  God bless Android, but isn't there a software update on the way for this?

0 Likes
userCRCAcjnNrx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
sorry not reset just power on and off
0 Likes
userGTwyLo0O03
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I tried the restart and it worked for some time, like less than 10 minutes to an hour but it goes back to the same issue where the scene optimizer doesn't detect any other mode except night shot.
0 Likes