Original topic:

clipboard option missing since recent update on S21 ultra

(Topic created: a month ago)
artiszan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

after the most recent update to the Galaxy S21 ultra 5g - i can not find the clipboard on any app that uses the keyboard - guidance anyone ???  sooo frustrating.  thanks in advance...

after hours of searching - i was able to locate the clipboard - dbl tap on the text enter screen in any app and it's located there as an icon above the keyboard, rather than where it was prior to the update: which was utilizing the 3 dongle dots for the clipboard option.

hopefully this may assist others as well.

7 Replies
user0K1jyqy3VC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Really? I tried this and it didn't work. Samsung really out here trying its best to make things purely worse for consumers. I'm sure they might claim it's some sort of google feature that got removed from android version 15, but as far as I can tell, Samsung has just as much power as always to keep things the way they are.

Really frustrating. Even if there are workarounds, this update continues the trend of progressively worse progress.

(I did find an incredibly irritating method to bring it about, by adjusting the special key to choose the clipboard, making it even less intuitive than before. Not what I needed or wanted, but hey, at least it sucks a smidge less than none at all.)
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@artiszan If you want it hidden in the 3 dots, you can do that. Just click the 3 dots and then drag and drop the clipboard icon into the bottom part under the toolbar. 

userZ8qVCgx3R5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Tried the 3 dots, clipboard disappeared
dbwill123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
This doesn't work. The clipboard is faded out.
0 Likes
payamsh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Bring back the long hold clipboard.
userN9FstoY1mK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

You have to go into keyboard settings and activate the toolbar for the keyboard... mine inactived itself after the last update. 

0 Likes
Pyubetty
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

they also remove color coding from the clipboard? That was so useful. What the **bleep**

0 Likes